Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last Days in Botswana

7/13/09 I was really hoping to go to Victoria Falls while in Kasane but the plans and cost just didn't seem to work out right. It seems like the people who did go had a really great time so that's awesome! The other memebers of the group went around Kasane and to the markets and came back with lots of great souveniers. I didn't go because I was trying to avoid spending any more money and I refuse to withdrawal any more pula from the ATM. Instead me and Meg stayed at the hotel and relaxed in the sun. We also got massages which were very cheap (abt 27 USD). I needed it after being crammed on that bus and sleeping awkwardly. Tonight we had a bonfire for everyone. We al went around and shared our favorite memories which was a lot of fun. I thought it was a great way to end our experience in Kasane.

7/14/09 Longest bus ride ever!! My butt is numb. My neck hurts. And I am exhausted! Good Night!!

7/15/09 Last night in Botswana.
Talk about bittersweet. That seems to be the phrase for many things lately. It's hard to believe that our time here is already over but I am really excited to explore Cape Town and then head home. Dr. Lucky (in the picture with me to the right) had a dinner for us. Clare invited Esale, our roomate to come along so she drove us (SCORE!) when we arrived, I was stunned at how beautifully decorated it was. I didn't expect her to go all out for us but it was very nice of her. The food was wonderful and it seemed like everyone had a really great time. A lot of other people were there that had been with us throughout our trip. It was great to reunite with everyone one last time before we headed home to finish some last minute packing. I have to say that I learned so much on this trip and was truly touched by each and every individual I met here. I had a wonderful experience at Baylor and really enjoyed the people that I worked with both because they were very professional and had much knowledge to share with me and because they were incredibly compassionate and caring people who truly believe in the work they are doing. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to travel to place that I honestly would have never thought I'd travel to. I have learned so much not just about Botswana culture but about myself and I cannot wait to share what I have learned with the people closest to me.












Pictures: Me & Zach (roomies) on our last night. Mandy, Titus, Me & Chris by the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment